Being vulnerable is not easy ... it's something I need to work on, it's something I think all people need to work on ... so here's me opening up and being vulnerable in hopes that I can help or touch someone through our savior, Jesus Christ.
Ever stuff things and then just blow up ... yeah, I did that yesterday, not something I'm proud of obviously. It's been a BUSY couple of weeks for my husband ... church meetings, fire meetings, fire calls, work, etc. I love being home with my girls, absolutely more then anything ... but last night I had just had enough of not having him around and tackling everything alone. Ever feel frustrated like that? Soooo after he got home from his 2 1/2 hour church meeting, I lost it and yelled at him. :( I then left because I had a worship team meeting at 7 ... I knew the devil was smiling at my reaction. I let him in, I let him win in that moment. I got home from my meeting and sat down with Robert and admitted I was wrong ... why's it so hard sometimes to put your guard down and admit you're wrong? I want a husband who works for the Lord, always ... and that's what he does when he's busy with the church ... and I want a husband who serves his community and that's what he does when he spends time at those fire meetings or fire calls ... and I chose to look at it differently and let the devil overtake me. Ugh. Thankfully our relationship is full of grace ... and we talked it out and we saw things from both my perspective and his ... our conversation led to making sure we 'check in' with each other and how we're feeling more often. So in the midst of our argument, God brought good out of it. He never seizes to amaze me ... things in life can be hard, but trusting God and being willing to listen for his voice makes a difference. He wants us to let him in our life in every single aspect ... and that's something I'm working on daily.
Job 37:5 God's voice is glorious in the thunder. We can't even imagine the greatness of his power.
No comments:
Post a Comment