Family picture 2013

Family picture 2013

Wednesday, April 23, 2014


Well here goes nothing ... I love reading other people's blogs and wanted to started one for our family. I wanted some place to write our story, and the funny, or not so funny things that go on in our life together as a family of 6. 
We'll start with this morning ... I'm sure many of you have crazy households during the week when it's time to rush out the door ... well, ours is absolutely no exception! Some mornings everything goes smoothly, or those mornings we have to deal with just minor 'issues' ... and then there's some mornings where everything goes wrong, from the undies I laid out the night before, the hair, the right jeans aren't washed, no one wants to brush their teeth, heaven forbid if we'd listen the night before and unpack the school bag and oh my goodness we're having cereal for breakfast the third day in a row ... I could go on for awhile if I really wanted to, but my point I think you get. :) While I wouldn't change any of the memories that go along with 4 girls in a home, I am in favor of the 'smooth' mornings where we have just minor issues!
This morning, April 23, 2014 was funny, now that I'm looking back at it ... as I was doing my makeup, Eden runs into my room with a whole lot of hip action and sassy and tells me that Colby called her .... wait for it .... 'dick' ... while I'm trying not to laugh, I tell her that I'm running behind and she's going to need to talk to Daddy and he'll handle it. So I listen to her tell Robert the whole story, while Colby is yelling and crying from the bathroom that she most certainly did not call Eden 'that'. Robert gets the girls both in the kitchen and talks to them and explains that he can not tolerate lying ... so with that gives them both many chances to come clean and admit if they are lying or not. Well as I'm sure you can guess neither of them admitted to lying ... so Robert one more time gives them a chance and explains that if someone comes 'clean', he will not spank them ... and if not, they will both get a spankin'. They both ended up getting spanked and Miss Colby felt pretty bad the rest of the morning, she never fessed up to calling Eden a name but she didn't have to ... her causing Eden to get a spankin' as well as herself was enough punishment in itself, I could see it in her eyes the hurt she felt that not only did she cause her own hurt, but she allowed her sister to take some of that blame when she did nothing. I think it was a good lesson learned for her. 
Tonight I think we'll do our devotions on being honest and look at what God says about that. Thankful for the learning moments in our home, despite the chaos that goes along with them.
Proverbs 12:22 - Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight.

Thank you Jesus for allowing me to love, teach and be the Mother to your children ... please guide me as their teacher to be the best they can be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment